Many new features have been made available. Some of them are
- Wikimapia search interface - search for any place on Planet Earth using text.
- PhpBB Integration - Users are signed up and for the accompanying phpBB forums automatically. Login is automatic. phpBB provides a private messaging mechanism between users so that your email address remains secure. In addition, it provides a platform for community discussion.
- Groups - Start a group and share trips only with your colleagues and friends. Protect your privacy.
- Pleasing additions to the user-interface….
Here are some screenshots
Searching for location by name
Searching for trips starting in a 2km radius from Mani Bhavan
Sometimes it seems like this application is never going to get out of beta….though that’s not such a bad club to be in per se ;-) I am looking for developers to help me out so please leave a comment if you wish to contribute code, css, icons etc.
Some Programming Notes
Open Source - I do believe that this effort represents the worlds first open source carpooling engine (hear hear!). It’s on sourceforge. To check out the code do:
- cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/patangcarpool login
- cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/patangcarpool co -P carpool
or browse the code at https://sourceforge.net/projects/patangcarpool/